Lessons 3-5 Learn to introduce your family
|Word Box||Communication Box|
|Family album to make a film busy to adore|
To be full of life and energy
|What’s on the… ,|
Who is that girl with…? She is fond of… , you know.
I can see that!
1. Look and say what relatives you have.
Example: I have got two grandmas.
2. Listen and repeat.
MY FAMILY ALBUM
My whole family album
Is on a video, you know.
I’m going to take it
To a TV show.
/әv/ – whole, video, know, show
3. Look, match and say.
To love flower gardening to make a film
To be full of life and energy to adore animals
Example: My grandma loves flower gardening.
4. Listen and role-play.
– What’s on your video, I wonder?
– It’s my family album.
– Who is that girl with a cat in her hands?
– It’s my sister Polly. She is fond of animals, you know. She adores her pet.
– I can see that!
What’s on your video?
5. Talk with a friend about your family. Use:
On your own: Collect 3-5 photos of your relatives and label them.
Example: This is my dad.
6. Look and guess who is who in Paul’s family.
Example: This is Paul.
7. Read and say what every member of this family likes to do.
MY FAMILY ALBUM
I am Paul. I am eight. I like to make films about my family. This is my video family album. As you see, we are five >
My parents are doctors. They work in the hospital.
My sister Polly is a schoolgirl. She is fond of animals. We have got a cat in the house.
My granny doesn’t work, but she is full of life and energy. She loves flower gardening.
I adore my family.
8. Answer the questions about Paul’s family.
How old is Paul?
2. Where do his parents work?
3. Does Polly go to school?
4. They have got a dog in the house, haven’t they?
5. Does his granny grow flowers or vegetables?
9. Talk with friends about your family members and their likes. Use:
I like… . She/he likes…
I love… . She/he loves…
I am fond of… . She/he is fond of…
I enjoy… . She/he enjoys…
I adore… . She/he adores…
10. Write about your relatives in your family album.
These are my….
They work… .
They are… .
They enjoy… .
Do it yourself! Make the front page for your family album.