Цілі: вдосконалювати лексичні навички й навички читання; вдосконалювати навички аудіювання й говоріння; розвивати логічне мислення; виховувати інтерес і повагу до світових цінностей мистецтва.
1) Have you studied any pictorial movement?
2) Have you ever gone to an exhibition?
3) Do you know any art galleries? Are there any in the place where you live?
2. Vocabulary practice
Do ex. 1, p. 186.
3. Reading and speaking
Ask students NOT to read the excerpt but to focus on what the question requires.
First read the following questions and then use the TV Schedule to find the answers.
1) Jack has a video – can he watch both documentaries without having to make a video?
2) Is there a show about making
3) You are thinking about traveling to the USA for a vacation. Which show should you watch?
4) Your friend doesn’t have a TV, but would like to watch a film starring Tom Cruise. Which film should you record on your video?
5) Peter is interested in wild animals which show should he watch?
6) Which sport can you watch that takes place outside?
7) Which sport can you watch that takes place inside?
8) You like modern art. Which documentary should you watch?
9) How often can you watch the news?
10) Is there a horror film on this evening?
6.00 p. m.: National News – join Jack Parsons for your daily news roundup.
6.30: The Tiddles – Peter joins Mary for a wild adventure in the park.
7.00: Golf Review – Watch highlights from today’s final round of the Grand Master’s.
8.30: Shock from the Past – This entertaining film
by Arthur Schmidt takes a poke at the wild side of gambling.
10.30: Nightly News – A review of the day’s most important events
11.00: MOMA: Art for Everyone – A fascinating documentary that helps you enjoy the difference between pointillism and video installations.
12:00: Hard Day’s Night – Reflections after a long, hard day
6.00 p. m.: In-Depth News – In-depth coverage of the most important national and international news stories.
7.00: Nature Revealed – Interesting documentary taking a look at the microscopic universe in your average speck of dust. 7.30: Ping – Pong Masters – Live coverage from Peking.
9.30: It’s Your Money – That’s right and this favorite game show could make or break you depending on how you place your bets
10.30: Green Park – Stephen King’s latest monster madness. 0.30: Late Night News – Get the news you need to get a hard start on the upcoming day
6.00 p. m.: Travel Abroad – This week we travel to sunny California!
6.30: The Flintstones – Fred and Barney are at it again.
7.00: Pretty Boy – Tom Cruise, the prettiest boy of them all, in an action packed thriller about Internet espionage.
9.00: Tracking the Beast – The little understood wildebeest filmed in its natural surroundings with commentary by Dick Sign it
10.00: Pump Those Weights – A guide to successfully using weights to develop your physique while getting fit.
11.30: The Three Idiots – A fun farce based on those three tenors who don’t know when to call it quits
Listen to the dialogue and answer the questions.
A. “How are you doing?”
B. “I’m doing great”.
A. “What movies have you seen lately?”
B. “I saw Forrest Gump the other day”.
A. “What type of movie is that?”
B. “The movie type is drama”.
A. “I can’t believe you are watching movies. The weather is great. You should be outside”.
B. “I hate the hot weather. I’d rather stay indoors with the air conditioner”.
A. “What else do you like to do besides watching movies?”
B. “I like to play computer games, read books, go shopping, and play pool”.
A. “Out of those what is your favorite?”
B. “My favorite is to play computer games”.
A. “What is your favorite computer game?”
B. “My favorite is Diablo. It used to be Star Craft, but it is getting a little old”.
A. “If you like to play so much, when do you ever exercise?”
A. “That’s pretty good. By the way, what are you doing next Saturday?”
B. “I am going to go to the bookstore”.
A. “I am having a party Saturday night at my house. If you have time, you should come”.
B. “That sounds like fun”.
A. “Great. I’ll see you on Saturday”.
B. “Ok. See you later”.
1) What type of movie is Forrest Gump?
2) Besides watching movies, what does this person like to do?
A) Go shopping
C) Drinking and partying
D) Playing basketball
3) What does this person do for exercise?
A) Golf once a week
B) Basketball on the weekends
C) Jogging twice a week
D) No exercising
5. Grammar practice
Do ex. 2, p. 186.
Do ex. 8, p. 191.
Do ex. 3, p. 187.