UNIT 1. WE NEED INFORMATION
AT THE LIBRARY
Цілі: формувати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць; удосконалювати навички усного мовлення з опорою на лексико-граматичні структури; розвивати мовну здогадку; виховувати доброзичливе ставлення до співрозмовника.
Answer the questions.
Give possible answers.
– What are you going to do tonight? – I might go to the disco or
I might visit my grandparents. I really can’t decide.
1) What are you going to cook tonight? (Pizza, a cheese omelette)
2) What are you going to give your friend for his birthday? (A CD, a book)
3) Where are you going for your holidays? (To the country, to the seaside)
are you going to come to class tomorrow? (By bus, walk)
5) What are you going to be when you grow up? (A manager, a programmer)
Do Ex. 1, p. 16.
3. Reading and writing Practise the new vocabulary.
Find the words from the box on page 16 in the text and read the sentences with them.
Match the words with their definitions.
Belonging to a time long ago
A reference book
Someone who works in a library
To start to be seen
An educational institution at the highest level
A book such as a dictionary that you look at to find information
become a member of an organization or a group
A room or building containing books
A book that gives a list of words in alphabetical order and explains their meanings
To keep facts or information
If you need a piece of information
Ask your parents or your friend
If you need a piece of advice
Go to the library or search through the Internet
Do Ex. 2, p. 16.
Do Ex. 3, 4, p. 16-17.
Work in pairs.
Do Ex. 5, p. 17 and make up your own dialogue.
1) Are you fond of reading?
2) Do you prefer looking for information in the library or through the Internet?
3) Have you got a library at home? Are there many books in it?
4) What books have you got?
5) Do you always read books up to the end?
6) Do you think that reading books is more convenient than reading the same information in computer?
Do Ex. 6, p. 17.