Проект значення рослин для людини
Unit 7. A CITY TO EXPLORE
7.5. My progress in English
1. – 2. – 3. the 4. the 5. the 6. –
1. Kyivites are grateful to their great countrymen.
2. I am under the impression of S. Andrew’s Church.
3. I couldn’t take my eyes off the view of Kyiv in blossom and bloom.
4. Can you tell me the way to the theatre.
5. The street is the name after Ivan Franko.
6. The history of Kyiv is immortal. Function Smart
1-b 2-d 3-a 4-f 5-c 6-e
Time to Read
1-b 2-a 3-c 4-c 5-a 6-c
Time to write
Come to Kyiv Only Once and You Are Sure to Love It.
Kyiv is a very old and beautiful city and as every old city it has many legends. One of the most popular legends is about its own name. According to the mysterious legend, 16 centuries ago three brothers and a sister founded the city: Kyi, Schek, Horyv and her sister Lybid. Kyi was the name of the eldest brother and so the name of Prince Kyi gave birth to a wonderful city. The immortal history of Kyiv makes it an unforgettable place. It is definitely worth of visiting for the beauty of its streets and parks. You won’t be able to take your eyes off magnificent Cathedrals with their unique architecture. The ancient building will leave you open-mouthed.
Spring is one of the best seasons for visiting Kyiv. You can celebrate the awakening of nature and go to one of the Botanical Gardens. It’s impossible to ignore blooming trees. Go to the Botanical garden. It has much to offer.
But these are horse chestnuts that make Kyiv a special place in spring.