UNIT 8. FUNNY MONSTERS
Lesson 8.1 On the Playground
1. Match the words to the picture.
2. Where can you do it?
I can run around the fountain.
Read a book
Build a house
Have a rest
3. Look at the picture of the playground, listen to the story and find four mistakes in the story.
4. Read the beginnings of sentences. Listen to the
story and finish them.
The playground is in the…
The benches are in the…
There are two…
Every day the family of…
There are three…
There are ten…
You can make a sand house in…
The monsters have fun…
There IS ONE playground in the park.
There ARE TWO swings on the playground
5. Correct 5 mistakes.
1. There is eleven monsters in the family.
2. There are a slide on the playground.
3. There are two sand houses in the sandbox.
4. There is benches in the park.
5. There are a big tree next to the slide.
6. There are a shop in the park.
6. Close your textbooks and make as many true sentences about the playground as you can. Use
7. What can monsters do on the playground?
This is a fountain, the monsters can drink water from it.
8. Write 5 true sentences and 1 false one about the storv.