UNIT 10. HOUSE IN THE DARKNESS
Lesson 10. 1 Rainy Day
1. What is there in your house?
There are two big beds in my house.
2. Compare things in your house with a book.
The windows in my house are bigger than a book.
Good – better – the best
Bad – worse – the worst
3. Fill in the gaps with better, worse, the best or the worst.
A cold house is worse than a warm house.
1. A big house is… than a small one.
2. Clean windows are… than dirty ones.
3. A house with one room is… than a house with three rooms.
4. A warm big house is…
5. A house without a door is…
6. A colourful room is… than a white one.
7. A big house without windows is… than a small house with 3 windows.
4. Compare as many things as you can in one minute.
A rainy day is worse than a sunny week.
5. Do you know these words?
6. Make up sentences with these words and the words from Task 5.
The house was dry.
7. Listen to the story to compare your sentences in Task 6.
8. Listen and write the words from Task 5 in two groups Explain your choice.
Not about George
9. Who did George hear in the house? Write about it.
… heard a… behind…
… looked back and…
… liked / didn’t like… because…