NATURE AND PEOPLE. WEATHER
NATURE AND PEOPLE
B) The Animal World
Ex. 2, p. 25
Ex. 4, p. 26
1. danger; 2. pets; 3. protected; 4. captivity; 5.. survival; 6. companion
Ex. 5, p. 26
1. because, 2. >
Rhinos – hunted for their horns.
Green-cheeked parrots – sold as pets, but difficult to breed.
snapping turtles – killed for their meat.
Ex. 9, p. 28
1. an endangered species – Chinese giant panda is an endangezed species number one.
2. a nature project – The World Wildlife Fund is a nature project which needs people to act now to help save the most endangered species in the world.
3. a protection documentary – The International Union for the Conservation of Nature has a protection documentary where officiale registered endangered species are listed.
4. rhino horn – Never purchase products made from endangered animals, such as ivory or rhino horn.
5. to become extinct – Many species are hunted for their skin, fur, meat and become extinct.
6. amusing personalities – Such amusing personalities as chimpanzees are on the verge of becoming extinct because tropical rain forests are being destroyed.
7. a chance of survival – People should give the endangered species a chance of survival.
8. to face extinction – Nowadays jaguars, African elephants, rhinos, alligator shapping turtles are
9. a freshwater turtle – A freshwater turtle is threatened by wildlife trade organizations.
10. this species of turtle – This species of turtle is killed for its meat.
11. to buy products – Everybody likes buying natural food products.
Ex. 10, p. 28
1. It is wrong to keep wild animals as pets. In the article.
2. 2), 3)
4. I support the author’s point of view.
Ex. 12, p. 30
1) b; 2)c; 3) a
Ex. 14, p.31
ANIMALS IN ZOO
The topic is “Animals in zoo”. In my opinion animals can not live in zoo. They can not live in zoo because it is extremely cruel to take away an animal’s freedom; it is unhe>
But all animals should live in wild. It is their right.