Unit 8. SCHOOL LIFE
Ex. 5, p. 164-165
1. take your qualification exam
2. to develop the sense of rhythm
3. develop coordination
4. build up your confidence
5. show off their talent
6. start with simple moves
Ex. 3, p. 166
1. how to help those in need
2. service projects and learn how to care for the world
3. responsible, themselves how they can make a difference
4. with the help of their teachers
5. many school subjects
6. service learning
Ex. 5, p. 167
1. so, 2. such, 3. so, 4. so, 5. such, 6. so
Ex. 4, p. 170
1-C, 2-A, 3-D, 4-E, 5-B
Ex. 5, p. 171
1-B, 2-B, 3-B, 4-B, 5-C, 6-C
Ex. 6, p. 171
1-F, 2-1, 3-A, 4-D, 5-H, 6-C, 7-D, 8-E, 9-G
Ex. 8, p. 172
One day we were sitting at the English lesson and discussing the topic “Our Native City”.
Our teacher suggested us taking
part in the project about Kharkiv.
We accepted her proposition.
First of all we identified the problem and united into 3 groups. Eac group got the
Task and analyzed the steps. Our teacher helped up gather the necessary information. After we had got all the facts we developed the class portfolio and presented our project to the audience. We were proud of what we had done.
Ex. 4, p. 173
1-B, 2-A, 3-E, 4-D, 5-C
Ex. 8, p. 175
I’m sure that it is very necessary and important to learn English now, because English is the language of the planet. 760 million people all over the world use it. Hundreds of books, magazines and newspapers are printed in English and read all over the world. Half of the world’s scientific literature is written in English.
In our country English is very popular: it’s studied at schools (sometimes even at nursery schools), colleges and universities. Learning English is not an easy thing as it takes a lot of time and patience. Sometimes it’s boring to study grammar or to learn new words, but it’s well
known that reading books in the original, listening to the BBC news will help a lot. I am good at spoken English but i have some problems with listening and grammar. So I attend special course twice a week.
So I can say that English is absolutely necessary to know for every educated person.
Ex. 3, p. 176
1. I came to the assembly hall at 16.30, but the concert had already started and there were no free seats.
2. She didn’t recognize Mary because she had cut her hair very short.
3. Joe didn’t play the game on Saturday because he had hurt his leg.
Ex. 4, p. 176
1. are you doing,
3. have done,
4. haven’t done,
5. have you been,
7. have visited,
8. have never been,
9. have you been,
11. am having,
12. am going,
13. has become,