UNIT 2. SCHOOL LIFE
WHO HAS DONE THE HOMEWORK?
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички усного мовлення з опорою на лексико-граматичні структури, навички вживання граматичної структури Present Perfect; розвивати культуру спілкування; виховувати доброзичливе ставлення до співрозмовника.
Work in pairs.
Broken dialogues. Match the parts of the dialogues.
Let’s have some coffee.
No, I was very busy yesterday.
Do you know anything about Pam?
I have forgotten to learn the new words
you written the composition?
Have you printed it?
The information is on your table.
Oh no, thank you, I have had two cups of tea
Why are you so sad?
Yes, it was not difficult
Have you done the sum?
Yes, I’ve got an e-mail from her
Key: 1 d, 2 f, 3 a, 4 c, 5 b, 6 e.
Let’s talk about unusual experience.
1) Have you eaten crocodile meat?
2) Have you spoken to a queen?
3) Have you flown in a helicopter?
4) Have you drunk coconut milk?
5) Have you seen a falling star?
6) Have you visited Nature Museum?
7) Have you ridden a horse (camel)?
3. Practise Present Perfect
Make up sentences as quickly as you can. Teacher. He / choose / a book.
He has chosen a book.
1) They / win / the game.
2) My / sister / pass / the exam.
3) I / understand / the rule.
4) We / make / our school newspaper.
5) She / buy / a new reference book.
6) The teacher / check / the exercise.
7) I / connect / with my friends.
8) He / send / his e-mail.
9) She / complete / the form.
10) They / meet / their friends.
11) The librarian / help / me.
12) My friend / give / me a good piece of advice.
13) I / use / Helpful Tips in this lesson.
14) I / join / this team.
15) My friend / suggest / to do the homework together.
4. Reading and speaking
Read the dialogue in Ex. 3 and answer the questions in Ex. 4, p. 29. Explain new expressions to be afraid of and Lazy bone!
Work in pairs.
Practise short dialogues:
– Have you learnt the Ukrainian poem for today?
– I’m afraid I haven’t. I was in no mood to learn anything.
– Lazy bone!
Work in groups of three.
Ask pupils to make up their own dialogues.
Give each group a set of the handout and demonstrate first to show the class what they have to do.
You haven’t done your English. You had a toothache
You have forgotten to do your Maths. You were busy with your computer game
You haven’t done your History. Ask to help you with it
You haven’t done your Nature Studies. You were away at the weekend
You have forgotten to search the necessary information on the computer. You were busy with your bike
You haven’t learnt the new words. Ask to help you with it
You haven’t written the Ukrainian composition. You had an earache
You have forgotten to learn the new rule. You were busy with shopping
You haven’t done your German. Ask to help you with it
Read helpful tips and answer the question:
– Why should you make grammar rules by yourself?
Read the text and circle the verbs that are in the present perfect.
My friend is travelling by ship. He has a nice cabin. He’s visited some countries in Europe but he hasn’t been to Turkey. He has to talk to lots of people but he hasn’t met a pop star. He has ridden a camel in Egypt. He hasn’t swum in the sea because he’s left his swimming costume at home. But he has a good time.
Write a short note to your mother about what you have done at home before going out.