UNIT 1. WE NEED INFORMATION
Цілі: вдосконалювати навички вживання нових лексичних одиниць, усного мовлення й читання; учити давати пораду, співпрацювати в групі.
Make suggestions as for decoration the classroom before the party.
Listen to the text and answer the questions.
Pete was a lazy boy. He didn’t like to do his homework. He didn’t learn his English words either.
One day in class his English teacher asked him, “Pete, what is the Ukrainian for table?”
“I don’t know”, answered Pete.
“Well, then, what is the Ukrainian for father?”
“I don’t know”, said Pete again.
“What do you know then?” the teacher asked him.
“Tell me, please, what three words do lazy pupils usually say?”
“I don’t know”, was the answer.
“Correct at last”, said the teacher.
1) Why didn’t Pete like to do his homework?
2) Could he answer any teacher’s question?
3) Did he understand the last question?
Practise the new vocabulary.
Make suggestions and give advice using the words from the box on page 13.
Why don’t we share the work?
Let’s write about a history lesson.
What about making a column about unusual things?
You should share the work.
You should write about a history lesson.
You should make a column about something unusual
Do Ex.4, p. 13.
5. Speaking and writing Practise the new vocabulary.
Fill in the gaps with the new words.
1) I’d like to write the sport ___ in our newspaper.
2) I’ve got an unexpected ___ for this article.
3) My brother is a student, he ___ a room with his friend.
4) Our ___ is on the first floor.
5) Could you write an ___ about the last competition.
6. Reading and speaking
Do Ex. 5, p. 13.
Find all the new words from the box on p. 12-13 and make your own sentences.
Make up sentences using the prompts from Ex.6, p. 13.
9. Summary Work in pairs.
Make up and act out your own dialogue about making a school newspaper or magazine. Use the following prompts:
Why don’t we make the sport (gardening, cooking) column in our magazine?
Let’s interview our teachers to know their attitude towards youthful fashion.
1) What about taking the photos for this article?
2) Who wants to answer the letters from our readers?
Write some pieces of advice as for making a report about any topic of any subject.