Цілі: формувати навички вживання зворотних займенників; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати пізнавальні інтереси учнів; виховувати позитивне ставлення до культурних традицій.
Are you a cinema goer? Answer these questions and then make your classmates guess if you are a cinema-goer or not.
1. How often do you go to the cinema?
2. What kinds of films are you interested in?
3. What kinds of films don’t you like? Why?
4. Do you have a favourite actor?
5. Who’s you favourite actress?
6. What’s one of the best films you have ever seen?
7. What film did you see most recently?
8. Are there any interesting films on now?
9. There’s a famous film about a gorilla that climbed the Empire State Building. What’s it called?
10. What British or American films have been shown on TV lately? Do you like them?
Work in pairs
Interview your partner.
Have you ever…?
(see) a horror film
(eat) popcorn in the cinema
(leave) the cinema before the end
(rent) a DVD
(watch) the Academy Awards
(meet) a film star
(ask) for an autograph
– Have you ever seen a horror film?
– Yes, I have. It was really scary.
3. Grammar practice
Explain the rule and do ex. 1, p. 146.
Do ex. 2, p. 147.
5. Writing and speaking
Work in groups
Guess a movie and fill in your card. Read about your movie riddles to your group and they will try to guess it.
Movie title (keep in secret)… .
Actor: … is in it.
Genre: It’s a… .
Plot: It’s about… .
Setting: It takes place… .
Climax: In the end, … .
6. Listening and speaking
Work in pairs
Using the questions below make up your dialogues about films.
1. What kind
of movie is it?
2. Who is in it?
3. Who’s starring in it?
4. Where does it take place?
5. When does it take place?
6. What’s it about?
7. What happens in it?
8. How does it end?
9. What happens in the end?
7. Reading and speaking
Work in pairs
Read the dialogues and make up your own one.
– Have you seen… lately?
– Is the film dubbed in Ukrainian or shown with subtitles?
– The film is (isn’t) dubbed in Ukrainian
– Is the film worth seeing?
– Yes, the film is well worth seeing
– No, it isn’t
– Is the film based on a book (a novel, true facts)?
– Yes, the film is based on the book by…
– Does it raise important present – day problems?
– Yes, it raises a lot of problems (gives food for thought)
– What do you think of the plot?
– Oh, the plot is extremely interesting (exciting).
– The plot is very primitive (dull, stupid)
– How did you like the acting?
– I enjoyed it. (I like it. It was great (fantastic).
– I didn’t like it at all. (The acting was poor.)
– Did any stars appear in the film?
– On the whole, did you like the film?
– I liked it. (I didn’t like it at all. I think it was waste of time.)
8. Grammar practice
Fill in the gaps.
1. Can you do it… or shall I help you?
2. I always make mu breakfast… .
3. These boys are so lazy that they never do their homework… .
4. We often arrange our class parties… .
5. The cat could open the door of the room… .
6. My sister makes dresses for her doll… .
7. John sometimes repairs his bike… .
Answer the guestion.
1. Is there a movie you could watch over and over again?
2. What is the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Do ex. 3, p. 147.